Unified Communications - Powered by Lync 2010
Information Technology Services is now offering Unified Communications (UC) powered by Microsoft Lync. This service offers many new features including integrated calendar, electronic messaging, and voice and video integration. It enables the community an easy way to bring people, resources, and ideas together at the precise moment in a discovery, learning, or clinical experience. Spontaneous collaboration becomes easier, and avenues for discourse expand as a result of this new service offering.
If you experience an issue with Microsoft Lync please submit a ticket (details here).
Please review the software and hardware requirements for Lync. The client must meet these requirements to have the best experience.
- UC Standard is available to all faculty and staff at no charge.
- UC Level offers more features than Standard but incurs a fee *.
You can purchase UC Level Lync service through the ITS online catalog.
Go to the eProcurement Page
- Internal Web Scheduler: https://hcfepool.vanderbilt.edu/scheduler/
- (Off Campus) Web Scheduler:
University users Web Scheduler: https://hcfepool.vanderbilt.edu/scheduler
Medical Center users Web Scheduler: https://vhfepool.vanderbilt.edu/scheduler
- Note: You will need a VPN connection to use the External Web Scheduler.
Issue Reporting: To report an issue please submit a ticket. When reporting issues please include the following information:
- Operating system and version
- Lync client version
- Physical location (on campus, home, other)
- Connection type (wired or wireless)
- Screenshot if possible
- A good description of the problem encountered
- Lync Client:
- Download Lync 2010 from the Software Store.
- After you have installed Microsoft Lync: download one of the patch files below that corresponds to your version.
- Lync Patch files:
- Mac Options:
Lync 2011 client for Mac (Software Store)
After you have installed Microsoft Lync: download one of the patch files below that corresponds to your version.
- Lync 2011 client for Mac (Software Store)
- Lync patch: Lync 2010 update 14.0.8
Lync 2010 for iPhone
- Lync 2010 for iPad
- Note: Do not download the Lync 2013 mobile client--it does not yet work with our servers. Lync 2010 is the supported version.
- iPhone/iPad instructions
- Under settings, enter your Vanderbilt email address and password
- Click on more details
- Enter Vanderbilt\vunetID in domain\username
- Set Auto-Detect Server to ON
- Click Sign in
- Lync 2010 for iPhone / iPad installation instructions
- Detailed instructions
Last Modified: 2014-05-05