What is ResNet?
Many university services are available on the Vanderbilt University network (VUnet), and more are added every year. ResNet provides at least one active data port for each residential room or suite and extensive wireless coverage. These continuous connections are fast, reliable, and offer students access to VUnet from the comfort of their rooms. ResNet is sponsored by Housing and Residential Education and Vanderbilt Information Technology.
Each student room is provided an ethernet data connection to the campus network. In addition, wireless network service is present in all residence halls and student rooms. These services are provided at no extra cost.
What to Bring
- Visit the New to Vanderbilt page for complete recommendations and information on your technology needs
- Computer/school recommendations
- Engineering laptop program
- Equipment needed to use ResNet's data (computer) network
Other Important Information
- Access VU Print
- Build your own website using my.vanderbilt.edu
- Learn about how to protect your digital identity
- Save on Dell computers with Vanderbilt’s Member ID (search for "Dell" to find the ID)
Important ResNet Bandwidth and Protocol Info.
ResNet users need to submit a request to run certain network services from their systems. See the IT network policies page for more information.