Frequently Asked Questions
- What services does the Tech Hub offer?
- How can I contact the Tech Hub ?
- Where do I go to submit a ticket online?
- How do I contact my local IT Provider?
- How do I claim my Vanderbilt Account?
- How do I claim my Vanderbilt Student Account?
- How do I change my ePassword?
- How do I change my ePassword recovery questions?
- How do I have my information published or removed from VUdirectory?
- Should I call before bringing in my computer to the Tech Hub?
- What should I bring to the Tech Hub when I walk in with my computer?
- What should I not bring with me when I walk in with my computer ?
- Should I bring my docking station?
- Can the Tech Hub take apart my computer? Can they replace faulty hardware?
- I'm having trouble with my phone line. Who do I call to have that repaired?
About the Tech Hub
- Network troubleshooting and configuration
- Support for IT services
- Basic hardware troubleshooting
- Computer performance issues
- Virus scan and malware detection
- Email setup
- Epassword assistance
- Technical questions
- Computer network connectivity questions
- Account/login issues
Telephone Repairs (for campus telephones)
- Tech Hub Form
- VUMC Help Desk Form
NOTE: If you have a problem requiring immediate attention call (615) 343-1631.
|University faculty, staff and students – Affiliated with a college or school||Link|
|University staff – Not affiliated with a college or school||Link|
|VUMC faculty, staff and students / LAN Managers / Security Administrators||VUMC Help Desk|
|No local IT Support / Don't know||IT Help Desk|
VUnetID (New Users)
Q: How do I claim my Vanderbilt Account?
A: Go to the VU Identity page for new users > click on Claim Invitation
Q: How do I claim my Vanderbilt Student Account?
A: Go to the VU Identity page for new users > click on Claim Student Account
VUnetID (Existing Users)
Q: How do I change my ePassword recovery questions?
A: Go to the VU Identity page for existing users > click on Manage ePassword , login to VU Identity > End User Tools > Change My Authentication Questions .
Q: How do I have my information published or removed from VUdirectory?
A: Go to the VUIT Homepage and click to ' Submit a Request ' with the details. Alternatively, contact Partner Support at email@example.com or call 615-936-4877 (option 2).
Q: Should I call before bringing in my computer to the Tech Hub?
A: Yes, you should call (615) 343-1631 to verify that you need to bring in your machine and to arrange a time during walk-in hours. A lot of issues can be resolved over the phone.
Note: You cannot drop off your machine. You must wait with your computer.
- CPU (the "box")
- Power cord or adapter (especially important for laptops)
Q: What Antivirus clients are available?
A: Check out the Antivirus Downloads page for a list of available antivirus clients.