SSL VPN Junos Pulse for Windows
1) You no longer need to request a VPN account to use Junos Pulse.
2) You will need administrative rights/privileges for the program installation on your machine. Consult your LSP or LAN manager if you do not have admin access to your computer.
Download the program
1) Go to the Junos Pulse download page.
2) Download the version of Junos Pulse for your operating system.
Note: The FAQ has supported operating systems listed.
3) Download and install the “Windows Installer” to auto update Junos Pulse in the future.
4) Download the Windows 32/64 bit client as appropriate to your system.
1) Open the client installer file > click Run at the prompt
2) Click Next
3) On the Setup Type screen select Typical and then Next
4) Click the Install button. Click Yes at the prompt.
5) Click Finish.
Setup Your Connection
After the software is installed, set up your VPN connection.
1) Open Junos Pulse
2) Click the + to create a new connection
3) Enter the information below on the Add Connection prompt and then click add.
Type: UAC or SSL-VPN
Name: Pick a name for your connection
Server URL: vpn.vanderbilt.edu
4) Click Connect on your new connection.
6) Enter your VUnetID and ePassword at the prompt. Optionally, you can select “save settings”. Click connect.
7) The VPN access policy will display next. Read the policy and click proceed.
8) You should be connected. To verify, check for the Junos Pulse icon in the system tray.
9) To disconnect from Junos Pulse, click on the application window and click disconnect.
Disabling Junos Pulse Autostart
1.) Go to Start > type "msconfig" in the search bar and hit enter.
2.) Click on Startup > deselect Junos Pulse
3.) Click apply and OK.
Last Modified: 2014-09-03