Secure File Transfer
Security Operations has implemented a secure file transfer (SFT) service solution to meet the privacy needs of Vanderbilt faculty and staff. This service is used to help preserve data confidentiality and integrity when transfering files.
- Web Browser - Use Microsoft Internet Explorer web browserMS
- Outlook Plugin - Use Microsoft Outlook Plug-in to send files directly from your email. The plugin is not available to MAC users.
How to get it:
- Web Browser - You already have an account. Go to Accellion Site and login.
- Outlook Plugin - Contact the VUMC Help Desk to submit a request for Accellion Outlook plugin.
- The web browser connects to the SFT service using SSL encryption.
- The browser allows uploading or downloading of files
- Recipients are notified of available file
- Sender is notified when recipient downloads a file
- The Outlook plugin sends the file(s) encrypted from within the email client.
- Max file storage capacity per user = 5000MB
- Files less then 2048MB expire after 30 days
- Files greater then 2048MB expire after 7 days.
- **If user receives an error messages that reports not sufficient space, his or her account capacity (5000MB) is full and requires manual deletion of files that have not expired and/or wait until files have expired.
If more in-depth instructions are required, please view the full manual at:
- Accellion: How to Get the Application
- Web_User_Guide.pdf (Adobe Acrobat Reader required)
- Accellion Podcast - Learn how to use the File Transfer Application to encrpyt important files before you send them via webmail.