Security Operations conduct vulnerability scans against a host or set of hosts. Based on the needs of the requestor. a detailed analysis of the vulnerabilities found will be provided. Security Operations will provide recomendations to help minimize the threat posed by the vulnerabilities.
- Single One Time Scan
- Reoccurring scan on defined interval
How to get it:
For a one time scan of a host or set of hosts place a ticket with VU or VUMC Help Desk
- IP address(es) of host(s) to be scanned
- If a host based Firewall is installed, coordinate with ENS to make an exception for the scanner appliance
- If the scan should be completed off hours please indicate as such
- Any other special options or requests concerning this scan
- For reoccurring scans please contact your Customer Relationship Manager.
Information on Reoccurring Scans:
- Reoccurring scans must be coordinated through your Customer Relationship Manager.
- Scans can take place at set intervals as often as the requestor would desire
- Scans can be scheduled for during and after hours
General Information on Scanning:
- Scans can be requested to be scheduled for after hours
- Various option profiles can be set with the scanners
- Keep in mind that security scans can impact the performance and availability of some devices.
- If you need a vulnerability assessment completed for auditing or compliance purposes please contact Customer Relationship Manager.