Box Collaboration Tool
Box Collaboration Tool is a cloud content management and file sharing utility. This service is available to Vanderbilt University faculty, staff, and students. You must have a Vanderbilt E-mail address to qualify for access.
What is Box?
Box is a cloud storage solution allowing you to store up to 100 GB of files and access them from anywhere. You can invite others to collaborate with you, share files and folders through a simple web link, and sync files from Box to your desktop or vice versa. You can also access Box from your mobile device.
There are many great ways to use Box:
- Leave your flash drive at home. Your files are stored securely in the cloud so you can access them from anywhere, at any time.
- Send big files fast. Have a file that's too big to email? Upload it to Box and share it with a link or with a collaboration invitation.
- Collaborate on a project. Need to work on a group project? With Box, everyone can view and edit files in one location, add comments right alongside the files, assign tasks with due dates, receive real-time updates when someone edits or comments on a document, and view previous versions of files. Box is a more efficient way to manage group work because it puts an end to "reply all" email chains and endless file attachments.
- Store it all and stay organized. You don't have to share files on Box. You can just use it as your own personal storage space. Box makes it easy to find everything you store. You can organize files into folders just like you do on your computer, search for specific text within your files, and tag your files with keywords so you can quickly find what you need.
Note: Box uses state-of-the-art technology and industry best practices for data encryption during transit to and from the Box cloud as well as while the data is stored within Box. However, some types of data should not be stored on Box.
Students will not be able to access their Box.com accounts upon graduation.
Service Charges or Fees
There are no fees for this service.
Log into Box Collaboration Tool using your activated VUnetID and password.
What You Can Request
Documentation and Service Information Links
Mobile Device Applications
Applications Developed by Box
Box Terms of Service/Use Policy
- Vanderbilt Electronic Communications and Information Technology Resources Policy
- Vanderbilt Computing Acceptable Use Policy
Communication and Collaboration