Skype for Business FAQ
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Skype?
Skype is software that enables you to make calls anywhere in the world.
Click here for Skype system requirements.
Click here to download the client.
Adding a Contact in Skype
Click here to learn how to add a contact in Skype.
Audio Device Options
Click here to learn about audio device options with Skype.
Call into a Skype for Business meeting without a computer
Click here to learn how to join a Skype meeting without a computer.
Join a Skype for Business meeting
Click here to learn how to join a Skype meeting.
Make & Receive a video call in Skype
Click here to learn how to make and receive a video call in Skype.
Send an IM with Skype
Click here to learn how to send an IM with Skype.
Setting up Audio & Making Calls in Skype
Click here to learn how to set your audio up and make calls.
Setting up a Skype for Business meeting in Outlook
Click here to learn how set up a Skype meeting in Outlook.
Setting up Voicemail in Skype
- Via Skype Desktop Client (Windows only): Click on the Tape icon on the Keypad tab of the Skype for Business desktop client to access VM settings.
- Via Teams (Windows and Mac): Log into teams.microsoft.com and follow these steps:
- Click on your profile icon in the upper-right corner of Teams and choose Settings from the dropdown.
- Choose the Calls tab on the left of the flyout window.
- Under the Voicemail heading, click the button titled Configure voicemail.
- From here, click the button titled Record a Greeting.
- This button will launch a call with the voicemail system where you can use the dial pad to navigate the automated menu and record your voicemail message.
- Press 1 to listen to your voicemails and Press 2 to set up a new voicemail greeting. To repeat the menu, press 0 and to exit the voicemail dialogue press the * key.