Mailing Lists with LISTSERV
LISTSERV is a web-based mailing list application. You must have a Vanderbilt email address to request this service. Mailing lists allow you to send the same message to all intended recipients at once. LISTSERV mailing lists differ from Microsoft distribution lists because they allow you to include any valid Internet email address, not just the email addresses of people in your organization. For more detailed information about LISTSERV functionality, visit this website.
Mailing list services are available to Vanderbilt University faculty, staff, and students.
Service Charges or Fees
There are no fees for this service.
Mailing lists are available for Vanderbilt classes, departments, and campus organizations.
- End User Support services (VMDP, DTS) can assist with set up of a list for a department or organization.
- Officially recognized student organizations can request mailing lists through the Division of Student Life .
The email list service (LISTSERV) web site allows you to:
- Subscribe to or unsubscribe from lists
- Manage a mailing list's configuration
- Define additional owners to transfer ownership of a list
What You Can Request
Manage LISTSERV list
Delete LISTSERV list
Documentation and Service Information Links
Email and Calendaring
Communication and Collaboration