Mailing Lists with LISTSERV
LISTSERV is a web-based mailing list application. Mailing list services are available to Vanderbilt University faculty, staff, and students. Mailing lists allow you to send the same message to all intended recipients at once. LISTSERV is available to be used exclusively for mailing lists that contain subscribers with external email addresses. Use Microsoft Exchange distribution lists for all other mailing list needs.
For information regarding the creation of newsletters using LISTSERV, view this video or visit this website. For more detailed information about LISTSERV functionality, visit this website. For more information about what is new in the latest version of LISTSERV, visit this page.
Service Charges or Fees
There are no fees for this service.
Mailing lists are available for Vanderbilt classes, departments, and campus organizations.
- Tech Hub can assist with set up of a list for a department or organization.
- Officially recognized student organizations can request mailing lists through the Division of Student Life .
The email list service (LISTSERV) website allows you to:
- Subscribe to or unsubscribe from lists
- Manage a mailing list's configuration
- Define additional owners to transfer ownership of a list
What You Can Request
Manage LISTSERV list
Delete LISTSERV list
Documentation and Service Information Links
Email and Calendaring
Communication and Collaboration