Vmail: Client Configurations
Please follow the links below for instructions on configuring supported clients on the Vmail system. For consistent and reliable access to Vmail, use an optimal hardware configuration.
If you don't see a client listed, visit the Other Clients link for appropriate setting values for unsupported clients.
Microsoft Outlook 2013
- New How to sort messages in Outlook 2013
Microsoft Outlook 2010
- New How to sort messages in Outlook 2010
- Microsoft Outlook 2007
Microsoft Outlook 2003
For users who are still using Outlook 2003, RPC encryption MUST be enabled. There are 2 methods to achieve this:
1. For departments who manage profiles using Group Policy, RPC encryption can be enabled using their group policy.
2. RPC encryption can be enabled manually on each client.
For more detailed information on enabling encryption, please see: support.microsoft.com/kb/2006508
Outlook Web Access
- Outlook Web Access (OWA) Login Choices
- Outlook Web Access (OWA) Settings Help
- Important Outlook Web Access (OWA) feature for mobility users. Your mobility device that is configured to access Vmail via Activesync can be remotely reset using OWA. This feature can be used if a device is lost of stolen.
- Access a Shared Folder in Vmail with OWA
- New How to sort messages in OWA
Mac OS Clients
- Outlook 2011 (Preferred Client)
Mobile Clients (Cellphone)
- Blackberry Business Enterprise Server (BES) Service - supported (New User request information coming soon)
Blackberry Enterprise Activation Process
- 1. On the BlackBerry smartphone Home screen, click Enterprise Activation.
- Click Options > Advanced Options > Enterprise Activation.
- 2. Type the email address and enterprise activation password. The password is set by the BlackBerry Enterprise Server administrator.
- Note: If the email address you typed does not match the current email address for the BlackBerry smartphone, or if the BlackBerry smartphone was previously activated on the BlackBerry Enterprise Server, the BlackBerry smartphone user is prompted to erase the data on the BlackBerry smartphone.
- 3. Press the Menu key and click Activate to start the enterprise activation process. The BlackBerry smartphone will send an email to the request address and show the progress of the activation on the BlackBerry smartphone.
Other Clients or Devices
If the email client you wish to use is not listed above, use the information on this page to configure your client. Please be aware that these setting are provided for informational purposes only. Clients not listed on this page are not supported by the VUIT or Medical Center Help Desk support staff.
Last Modified: 2014-07-15