Configuring iPhone for Vmail
Follow the steps below to configure your iOS device for Vmail.
VU Gmail users see the following article for setup information: go here
- If this is the first account you are setting up, press the Mail icon. Otherwise from your iPhone's home screen select Settings
- Choose Mail, Contacts, Calendars
- Press Add Account...
- Press Microsoft Exchange.
- Enter your Vanderbilt email address in the Email field.
- Enter vanderbilt in the domain field and enteryour VUnetID in the Username field and your VUnet password in the Password field.
- Press Next
- If prompted, enter email.vanderbilt.edu in the Server field and press Next.
- By default, Mail, Calendar, and Contacts are set as ON, so change as needed.
- Press Save.
- The Exchange server items will begin to synchronize.
iPhone support is available at http://www.apple.com. The following resources may be particularly helpful:
- Online User's Guide: http://manuals.info.apple.com/en/iPhone_User_Guide.pdf
- iPhone mail-specific support information: http://www.apple.com/support/iphone/mail/