Configuring Mac OS 10.6.x (Snow Leopard)
If you are configuring your Snow Leopard Mail for the first time or are new to Vanderbilt, follow the instructions in the first section. If you have configured Snow Leopard for VUMC Exchange, please see the Moving to Vmail from VUMC Exchange section below.
Creating Vmail Account
- Starting Mail or creating a New Account will generate the following window. Enter your Name, Vanderbilt email address, and Password and click Next
- The following message will be returned. Enter your VUnetID in the User Name highlighted by the red arrow. Click Continue.
- The following window will be displayed. Confirm that all the information is correct (Server name may also be email.vanderbilt.edu). By leaving the checkboxes checked next to Also set up: you can have your Address Book and iCal configured to use Vmail (Exchange 2007), as you choose. Click Create.
Your Vmail account setup is complete.
Moving to Vmail from VUMC Exchange setup
- Click on the Mail menu, and select Preferences.
- Click on the Accounts button at the top of the window
- Uncheck the Enable this account and Include when automatically checking for new messages checkboxes (see below). This will disable your current account without removing any locally stored messages.
- To create your Vmail account click on the plus (+) button in the lower left corner of the window. Save the changes to your former account when prompted. See the Configuring Vmail section above.