Configuring Entourage 2008, Web Services Edition
- From the Entourage menu, select Account Settings.
- Click on the New dropdown, select Exchange.
- Enter your email address in the blank field and check My account is on an Exchange server. Click the right arrow to continue
- When prompted, enter VANDERBILT as the domain and your VUnetID and e-password in the other blank fields.
- Entourage will attempt to determine the settings. Click on Configure Account Manually once this window appears.
- Your name and email probably will have already been auto-populated. Enter the following information as shown in screen capture below.
Account Name: VMail
Name: your preferred display name
Email Address: your email address
Account ID: your VUnetID
Password: your e-password
Check "Save this password in my Mac OS keychain" if you would prefer to not enter your password each time you start Entourage
- Select the Advanced Tab. Enter the following for Exchange server
Clear anything that may have been entered into LDAP Server
- Click OK to complete the setup.
Configure Public Folder Access
If you need to access an Exchange public folder, they should automatically be added your left folder pane. This also allows you to see contacts' free/busy status for meetings.
Configure Directory Services
The following instructions will configure Entourage to Check Names against the public directory listings at Vanderbilt. If you require email addresses not listed in the public listings, please log in to People Finder and save your results to your Entourage Contacts.
Important other Entourage Directory Service configurations are not recommended and may result in service interruptions.
- From the Tools menu, select Accounts....
- In the Accounts window, click on the New button and select Directory Service....
- When the Account Setup Assistant opens, click Configure Account Manually.
- In the Edit Account window, confirm that Account Settings tab is selected. Enter vudirectory.vanderbilt.edu in both the Account name: and LDAP server: fields. Click on the button labeled Click here for advanced LDAP options and check the box next to This LDAP server requires a secure connection (SSL). Click on the Edit Account window again and click on the Options button at the top of the window.
- In the Options pane, enter ou=people,dc=vanderbilt,dc=edu as shown with no spaces in the Search base: field. Click on the OK button.
- In case there was an entry other than one entered, in the Accounts window click on the Directory Services tab. Select the vudirectory.vanderbilt.edu item and click on the Make Default button. Close the Accounts window.