Mac Mail Configuration
- Click on the Mail menu, and select Preferences.
- Click on the Accounts button at the top, click the plus sign in the lower left corner to add a new account.
- Enter the information requested, then click Continue
- For the Account Type, choose Exchange. Enter the information as shown below, be sure to use your VUnetID as User Name. Click Continue.
- Enter smtpauth.vanderbilt.edu as the Outgoing Mail Server: and your VUnetID as your User Name:
- The next screen confirms your settings. Confirm your settings and click Create.
- Complete Step 1 again to open the accounts pane. Select your VUexchange account on the left. From the dropdown menu next to Outgoing Mail Server, select Edit Server List...
- In the resulting window select your primary email account in the top box.
Select the Advanced tab. From the Authentication dropdown menu select Password. You may need to reenter your User Name (VUnetID) and Password.
- Click the OK button to complete the Mac Mail configuration.