Outlook Web Access: Full Client Features
The following are common changes that users of the Outlook Web Access (OWA) Client may wish to make to the default configuration. These changes apply to the full client only, which requires visiting https://email.vanderbilt.edu with Internet Explorer in the Windows operating system. These features are not available in the light version (non-Windows operating systems, or web browsers other than Internet Explorer).
Choose a Theme
- To choose a new theme for OWA, click on the Options button on the right side of the top toolbar.
- Click on the General Settings button in the left navigation bar (see below)
- Select the desired theme from the drop down menu in the Appearance section of the General Settings pane.
- Click on the Save button at the top of the OWA layout. The new theme will be applied when the page refreshes by clicking on a button in the left navigation bar.
Turn off the Preview Pane
OWA users with smaller desktop space may wish to turn off the Preview Pane, which shows the content of the email selected in a box in the right side of the layout. Follow the instrctions below to turn of this feature.
Click on the Preview Pane drop down menu from the top bar of OWA and select Off. The preview pane will be removed.
In Exchange 2007, Microsoft has modified Outlook Web Access. One of these changes is how you see contacts. In the bottom left of the screen you will see:
This will allow you to scroll through your contacts. Optionally, to get it closer to how Exchange 2003 looked you can do the following.
- In the upper right hand side of the screen click on, "Options"
- In the left hand side of the screen select, "Messaging"
- Under Message Options select the drop down box by, "Number of items to display per page"
- Choose from the drop down list (I personally set mine to 100; the max)
Additionally, from the contacts area on the left hand side you have options to, Show: All, People, or Distribution Lists
Finally, you can choose the Single Line option to show contacts:
This will not make your contacts look like they do in Exchange 2003 but it is as close as you can get to showing all of your contacts.
Check Mailbox Quota
OWA users can check their mailbox quota and usage by placing the mouse pointer over the user mailbox item at the top of the left side navigation bar.