How to remotely wipe a mobile device using Outlook Web Access
If your mobile device is lost or stolen, you can issue a remote wipe command in Outlook Web Access. This command erases all data on the mobile device including all synchronized information and personal settings, which returns the device to the original factory settings. It is also a good practice to wipe a device that is no longer in use. See the written instructions below or watch this short podcast instead.
- Log into Outlook Web Access: https://email.vanderbilt.edu.
- Select Options (located near the upper right corner)
- In the Navigation pane, select Mobile Devices.
- Select the device for which you intend to submit a wipe request.
- Select Wipe All Data from Device to erase all Exchange data from the phone, and select OK on the pop-up information window.
- The last step is to click Remove Device from List. If the phone is recovered, you can add it back to the device list by initiating ActiveSync.