- Please use this form
to place telephone orders and to request any voice service previously ordered in eProcurement. eProcurement went offline
in December 2017 as part of the university’s transition to Oracle Cloud.
NOTE: The new form uses Office 365, which has a different log-in format. When typing in your username, use the following template: VUnetID@vanderbilt.edu. If this is the first time you are logging in to Office 365, a box will appear requesting permission to use Office 365 and SharePoint. Select “Allow” to access the form.
For a current price list of services, equipment and products or for further assistance in ordering service, call VUIT at (615) 343-9999 and ask to speak to a customer service representative.
- Voice Mail - voice mailboxes for storing and forwarding messages, voice menus for routing and responding to calls, recorded announcements, and information access to databases.
- Automatic Call Distribution (ACD) - evenly distributes incoming calls to a group of people.
Changes- Center changes for monthly billing of telephones or long distance charges can now be submitted using the Vanderbilt Telephone Order Form: https://web.powerapps.com/webplayer/app?appId=%2fproviders%2fMicrosoft.PowerApps%2fapps%2f088c67c3-b781-4237-b94e-45385492a587. Extensions, V-Net codes, calling card numbers, etc., associated with the changing center number must be listed, along with the new center number.
Discrepencies- If errors appear on your monthly invoice, please photocopy the invoice, highlight the discrepancy and indicate the nature of the problem. Mail the "highlighted copy" of the invoice to VUIT Business & Finance, Peabody Box 34.
- Cellular Service: VUIT isn't in the cellular business, but we have special pricing plans with Vanderbilt's preferred vendor.
- Three-Way Calling - With call in progress, ask party to hold. Press Transfer, receive interrupted dial tone. Dial desired number. After call is answered, press CONF. CONF LED lights. CNF Three-way conference is established. If one party hangs up, the other two remain connected. CONF LED goes out.
- 4-16 participants - There are several ways to do this:
2. AT&T's Web Meeting Service, which provides more enhanced features. Charged via V-net.
3. The 8-party Conference Bridge equipment that can be installed on phones. There's a recurring charge associated with this - $4.00 per month.
- On-site evaluation of current telephone set-up and/or evaluation of specialized voice applications. For more information, please call VUIT at (615) 343-9999.
- Programmable features include: Call pick-up Groups, Call Hunt Groups, and Forwarded Virtual Numbers.
- V-Net is the university's long distance service. An authorization code (V-Net number) will be issued per authorized and approved request submitted via the Vanderbilt Telephone Request Form. Departments must also submit an order to cancel V-Net codes and calling cards for employees who transfer or leave the university.
- The "Emergency Red Phone System" is designed to provide communication coverage in the event of a phone system outage.
Telephone Repair Service: The number (615) 421-1611 is dedicated to all of the voice and data services Vanderbilt IT provides, including telephone repair, support assistance with any voice issues, service questions about eProcurement orders for voice and data, Lync, voicemail, and caller’s menus.
If you are experiencing service problems or need telephone repair service, call (615) 421-1611 and provide the following information:
|Contact name and department||Location of phone|
|Extension (number in need of repair)||Type of phone|
|Contact extension||Description of problem|
Toll Free 1-800/866/877/888 Access: To provide toll-free inbound long distance service, administrators can obtain a toll free number which is assigned to a specific department. Charges for calls placed to a department's toll free number are billed by Vanderbilt Information Technology. Departments are charged 11 cents per minute for incoming toll-free calls.
Toll free numbers can be obtained from Vanderbilt University Information Technology by submitting a Vanderbilt Telephone Request Form.
- Traffic Studies: Statistics for the incoming and outgoing call volume on an hourly basis. For incoming calls, data can be provided on how many calls were answered vs. not answered or busy. A traffic study cannot provide duration of call. Studies also will not provide the incoming or outgoing telephone numbers. Telephone studies should only be used to look at call volume and whether incoming calls are answered. A one-week study costs $50 per extension. For more information, please call VUIT at (615) 343-9999.