Installing Microsoft Forefront Client Security
Forefront Client Security can be installed on the following versions of Microsoft Windows:
- Windows XP
- Server 2003
- Server 2008
- Windows 7
Microsoft Update (Automatic Updates) must also be enabled to receive definition updates. For information on activating Microsoft Update visit update.microsoft.com.
Please allow at least 10-15 minutes for installation
- Download the Forefront Installer from it.vanderbilt.edu/antivirus/downloads - a valid VUnetID and password are required for the secure download.
- Following a successful download, the Forefront_Installer.exe file will be in the download location.
- Close all programs, uninstall any anti-virus (McAfee) and anti-spyware (Spy Sweeper) software using theAdd Remove Programs Control Panel. A system restart may be required.
- Locate and run (double-click on) the Forefront_Installer.exe file.
- If prompted to allow the installer to make changes to your system, click Yes.
- Acknowledge warning that Microsoft Update must be activated and all other anti-malware software is removed by clicking OK.
- Click on Setup button to begin the installation.
- Click the I accept the terms... checkbox and click OK in the End User License Agreement box.
- Click the OK button on the box that indicates that the software has been successfully installed.
- A warning may appear that the Forefront definitions are not up to date, please Restart your system to clear the error and receive the updates.
If the definitions out of date error persists. Please confirm that Windows Update is turned on and Forefront is set to automatically update.