AccessVU - Existing Users (VUMC)
VU users - AccessVU is retired for University users. Use VU Identity.
VUMC users - This is the page for accessing the Medical Center identity management solution. This page and its corresponding links are for VUMC users to claim their account or manage an existing one.
If you are a University user, please refer to the VU Identity page.
You can find more information on the separation of identity systems here:
– Vanderbilt University to replace AccessVU June 25
Welcome to the Vanderbilt Identity Management (IDM) page. From this page you will manage your VUnetID and related services such as your ePassword, email address(es), and the way your name displays to others. Vanderbilt University's policy on Computer Privileges and Responsibilities applies to all VUnetID related services.
- Need to change your ePassword? Click the "Change ePassword" button to reset it by answering your recovery questions. View directions.
- After ePassword Change - After you change your ePassword, there are several things you should do immediately. Click here for additional information: https://it.vanderbilt.edu/accessvu/passwordchange.php.
- Manage ePassword - To change your ePassword or set up your ePassword recovery questions, click the "Manage ePassword" button. Instructions are available for changing your ePassword and setting up recovery questions.
- Re-authenticate - Re-authenticate your VUnetID and create a new ePassword if you have not set up your recovery questions or have forgotten the recovery answers. To begin the re-authentication process, please contact your IT Support Provider, the VUIT Help Desk, or the VUMC Help Desk. Once instructed to continue, click the "Re-authenticate" button to begin. Instructions are available for re-authenticating your VUnetID.
- Modify Personal Options - Add or modify email address(es) and choose name display options by clicking the "Personal Options" button. If you have recently transitioned from VUMC to VU or have a VUnetID for each entity, your information may appear twice in the Global Address List (GAL). To remove one of these email addresses, click “Modify Personal Options,” “VUdirectory Options,” and check the box for “Remove my information from VUdirectory.”
- Publish Photo - Publish your card office photo to a variety of Microsoft tools; Lync, SharePoint, and Outlook. Instructions are available for publishing your photo.
- VSA List - VUnet Services Administrators (VSA’s) can assist you with claiming your account, resetting your password, modifying your personal options, and other facets of managing your VUnet account.
- New Medical Center Employee - Claim your VUMC account. Claiming your VUMC account is the first step to begin using VUMC network resources. Click the, "New Medical Center Employee" link to claim your VUnetID. View directions for claiming your account.
- Claim Invitation - Claiming your invitation is the first step to begin using Vanderbilt Network resources. Your VUnetID and ePassword will be your login credentials (user name and password) for the majority of systems at Vanderbilt. Click the "Claim Invitation" button to claim your VUnetID. View directions for claiming your invitation.
- Enter PII - Enter your Personal Identifiable Information (PII). Enter your personal identifiable information only if you are going to be employed by Vanderbilt or attend Vanderbilt as a student. View directions.
- Claim MAC Account – Use this option if an administrator has created an account for you, and has provided you with your new VUnetID and the associated claim code. View directions.