Box For Vanderbilt: Store, Share, Collaborate
Box For VU: Store, Share, Collaborate
What is Box?
Box is a cloud storage solution that allows you to store up to 100 GB of files and access them from anywhere. Invite others to collaborate with you or share files and folders through a simple Web link. Use Box on your smartphone or tablet. Sync files from Box to your desktop and vice versa.
Log in today at: http://vanderbilt.box.com
There are many great ways to use Box:
- Leave your flash drive at home. Your files are stored securely in the cloud so that you can access them anywhere, at any time.
- Send big files fast. Have a file that's too big to email? Upload it to Box and share it with a link, or with a collaboration invitation.
- Collaborate on a project. Need to work on a group project? With Box, everyone can view and edit files in one location. Add comments right alongside the files. Assign tasks with due dates. Receive real-time updates when someone edits or comments on a document. View previous versions of files. Box is a more efficient way to manage group work because it puts an end to "reply all" email chains and endless file attachments.
- Store it all and stay organized. You don't have to share files on Box. You can just use it as your own personal storage space. Box makes it easy to find everything you store. Organize files into folders, just like you do on your computer. Search for specific text within your files. Tag your files with keywords so that you can quickly find what you need.
Note: Box uses state-of-the-art technology and industry best practices for data encryption during transit to and from the Box cloud, as well as while stored within Box. However, some types of data should not be stored on Box.
Students will not be able to access their Box.com accounts upon graduation.
Box Terms of Service/Use Policy
- Box Terms of Service
- Vanderbilt Electronic Communications and Information Technology Resources Policy
- Vanderbilt Computing Acceptable Use Policy
Upload Files and Folders
- Upload files
- Upload folders
- Download files (to edit on your computer)
- Troubleshoot file upload issues
Share and Collaborate
- Send and share files
- Set access permissions for my shared links
- Learn about collaboration and sharing
Set collaborator permissions
- Assign tasks and due dates
- View a previous version of a file
- Recover a deleted file or folder
- Preview a shared file before downloading it
Organize and Search Your Files
Adjust Your Preferences
Use Box with Mobile Devices
Frequently Asked Questions
Understand What Data Can Be Stored on Box
Useful Apps Developed by Box
edit content directly on Box using native applications installed on your computer
Box for Office(video demo)
edit and share Microsoft Office without leaving your Office programs
Box for Outlook (video demo)
send files using sharing links and save attachments in Microsoft Outlook
take and upload screenshots directly to Box; upload files directly from your desktop
create, edit, and share documents in a Web browser
- View all official Box apps