Secure File Transfer Using OneDrive for Business
VUIT provides Secure File Transfer service for securely sharing or transferring files by following the Secure File User Guide for Microsoft Office 365 OneDrive for Business . This service is available to Vanderbilt faculty, staff, and students to help preserve data confidentiality and integrity when transferring files. It is the responsibility of the sender to follow each step in the above user guide before sharing or transferring confidential or sensitive files. For more information about accessing, storing, and syncing your files, click the link OneDrive for Business.
- One Drive for Business uses SSL encryption.
- The maximum file size is 250GB.
NOTE: To request assistance in transferring a file larger than 250GB, complete this form.
- Recipients are notified via email with a link to access the file.
- Sender is notified when recipient accesses a file.
- Web Browser - Use Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, or Google Chrome.
Service Charges or Fees
There are currently no service charges or fees for this service.
You already have access to OneDrive for Business.
Documentation and Service Information Links
- If more in-depth instructions are required, please view the user guide: Secure File User Guide for Microsoft Office 365 OneDrive for Business.
- If instructions are required for migrating from Accellion to One Drive for Business, please view the user guide: User Guide for Migrating from Accellion to OneDrive for Business.
- For more information visit: Microsoft OneDrive for Business.
Collaboration and Communication