Secure File Transfer Using OneDrive for Business
VUIT recommends using OneDrive for Business for securely sharing or transferring files to meet the privacy needs of Vanderbilt faculty, staff, and students. This service is used to help preserve data confidentiality and integrity when transferring files. This service is available to the Vanderbilt Community.
- One Drive for Business uses SSL encryption.
- The maximum file size is 15GB.
NOTE: To request assistance in transferring a file larger than 15GB, complete thisform.
- Recipients are notified of link to available file.
- Sender is notified when recipient accesses a file.
- Shared links do not expire by default.
- Web Browser - Use Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer 11, Mozilla Firefox, or Google Chrome.
Service Charges or Fees
There are currently no service charges or fees for this service.
You already have access to OneDrive for Business .
- NOTE: The prior offering was Accellion, which will be retired soon.
Documentation and Service Information Links
If more in-depth instructions are required, please view the full manual: User Guide for Migrating from Accellion to OneDrive for Business
Collaboration and Communication