Secure File Transfer Using OneDrive for Business
VUIT recommends using OneDrive for Business for securely sharing or transferring files to meet the privacy needs of Vanderbilt faculty, staff, and students. This service is used to help preserve data confidentiality and integrity when transferring files. This service is available to the Vanderbilt Community.
- One Drive for Business uses SSL encryption.
- The maximum file size is 15GB.
NOTE: To request assistance in transferring a file larger than 15GB, complete this form.
- Recipients are notified of link to available file.
- Sender is notified when recipient accesses a file.
- Shared links must be explicitly set to expire in 30 days or less.
- Web Browser - Use Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, or Google Chrome.
Service Charges or Fees
There are currently no service charges or fees for this service.
You already have access to OneDrive for Business.
Documentation and Service Information Links
- If more in-depth instructions are required, please view the user guide: Secure File User Guide for Microsoft Office 365 OneDrive for Business.
- If instructions are required for migrating from Accellion to One Drive for Business, please view the user guide: User Guide for Migrating from Accellion to OneDrive for Business.
Collaboration and Communication