VUnetID Password FAQ
Changing Password while Remote
After you have logged into the VPN, update your password:
- Verify that you are connected to the VPN
- Go to it.vanderbilt.edu
- Click “Change my password”
- Sign in with your current VUnetID and password
- Click “Change my password” at the top of the page
- Type in your new password in the “Password” field and then type it a second time in “Confirm Password”
*Please Note: Your new password CANNOT be a small change to your existing password. It should be completely different from your current password and one not previously used at Vanderbilt or on another website.
- Click “Continue” at the bottom right of the screen
*Please note: on the following screen you may notice the “Password” field shows a shorter password than you have entered. This is by design to mask your new password.
- Click “Submit” at the bottom right of the screen and stay on the page until you receive confirmation
- Close your browser
- Wait 30 minutes
- Once you have changed your password, your new password will also be used to unlock your computer when it is locked
- Lock your computer and unlock it with your new password to assure that your new password if set.
If you have any difficulties, please contact VUIT Support at 615-343-9999.