VU Identity - Existing Users
VUMC users - AccessVU is still your identity solution.
VU users - This is the page for accessing the new Vanderbilt University identity management solution. This page and its corresponding links are for University users to claim their account or manage an existing one.
If you are a Medical Center user, please refer to the AccessVU page.
You can find more information on the separation of identity systems here:
– Vanderbilt University to replace AccessVU June 25
Welcome to the Vanderbilt Identity Management (IDM) page. From this page you will manage your VUnetID and related services such as your ePassword, email address(es), and the way your name displays to others. Vanderbilt University's policy on Computer Privileges and Responsibilities applies to all VUnetID related services.
- Change ePassword - Need to change your ePassword? Click the "Change ePassword" button to reset it by answering your recovery questions. View directions.
- Manage ePassword - To change your ePassword or set up your ePassword recovery questions, click the "Manage ePassword" button.
- Re-authenticate - Re-authenticate your VUnetID and create a new ePassword if you have not set up your recovery questions or have forgotten the recovery answers. To begin the re-authentication process, please contact your IT Support Provider or the VUIT Help Desk. Once instructed to continue, click the "Re-authenticate" button to begin. View directions.
- Re-authenticate (Mobile) - Use this link to re-authenticate using a mobile device. View directions.
- Modify Personal Options - Add or modify email address(es) and choose name display options by clicking the "Personal Options" button.
- VSA List - VUnet Services Administrators (VSA's) can assist you with claiming your account, resetting your password, modifying your personal options, and other facets of managing your VUnet account.
- New University Employee - Claim your Vanderbilt University account. Claiming your Vanderbilt University account is the first step to begin using Vanderbilt University network resources. Click the, "New University Employee" link to claim your VUnetID.
- Claim Invitation - Claiming your invitation is the first step to begin using Vanderbilt Network resources. Your VUnetID and ePassword will be your login credentials (user name and password) for the majority of systems at Vanderbilt. Click the "Claim Invitation" button to claim your VUnetID.
- Claim Student Account - Claim your Vanderbilt student account.