Wireless Access for VU Staff, Faculty, and Students
Need help with Wi-Fi?
For any technical issues, including Wi-Fi, VUIT is here to help. The Tech Hub is ready to assist all VU students, faculty, and staff with any issues, requests, or questions they may have. To get in touch, call us at 615-343-9999 or learn about other contact methods like text, chat, email, and help request at it.vanderbilt.edu.
Tell us about the Wi-Fi
VUIT is also committed to improving our Wi-Fi service and your feedback can help! Take a few minutes to tell us about your campus Wi-Fi experience here. Your feedback will help us locate and address problem areas around campus.
VU Wi-fi Information
Available Wireless Networks
- vuNet is the network VU faculty, staff, and students should use for their desktops, laptops, tablets, and phones (see below for gaming consoles). It requires a VUnetID and ePassword for access and is the most secure. Since the network is broadcast, your devices will automatically see it when in range and will automatically connect once initially configured. For best results, use the wireless onboarding system found at
to connect to this network.
- vuDevices is designed to support devices that do NOT login with their VUnetID. Faculty, staff, and students should use vuDevices for their gaming systems, smart devices, AppleTVs, or Roku devices (ChromeCast devices are not supported).
– eduroam provides a free, secure wireless network that is accessible at many universities, schools, and other research and educational institutions around the world. Vanderbilt users are automatically setup for eduroam when they onboard to vuNet and can access the internet from any institution that participates in the eduroam service.
- Vanderbilt users wanting to join eduroam on their mobile devices or personal computers who are already using vuNet should re-onboard by going to wifi.vanderbilt.edu and clicking "I HAVE A VUNETID."
- Vanderbilt users whose devices are not automatically connected to the eduroam wireless network should log in using VUnetID@vanderbilt.edu.
- Registered eduroam visitors can use eduroam while visiting Vanderbilt. Visitors experiencing issues connecting to eduroam should contact their home institution's help desk.
You will need internet access to join vuNet. If you have not joined vuNet in the past, follow these steps to do so:
- Join vuGuest from the available WiFi networks on your device.
- Navigate to any public website and follow the prompts. This will initiate the redirect process so you can use the internet.
- Once connected, navigate to
wifi.vanderbilt.edu to configure your device to access vuNet.
- Click on “I Have a VUnetID”
- Click on “Connect laptop, tablet, or smartphone"
- You should now be connected to vuNet. If not, contact the Vanderbilt IT Help Desk at (615) 343-9999.
NOTE: Special precautions must be taken with devices, such as routers and wireless printers, to not cause wireless interference and degrade the Vanderbilt wireless network. For more information regarding how to disable certain features to avoid this, visit this article.
Wireless Printers (Not Supported)