VUspace Groups offers shared network storage space allowing multiple users access to the same files.
A VUspace Group is a one-time fee and costs $0.10 per megabyte. The minimum size that may be purchased is 500 megabytes.
Desired name of VUspace Group
Center number to be charged
VUnetIDs of individuals needing access
If requesting additional space to an already existing group, please include the name of the VUspace Group to be increased, size of increase and the center number to be charged.
- Click on the Start menu and select Run. Enter explorer and click OK. Windows Explorer displays.
- In Windows Explorer, select Tools > Map Network Drive. The Map Network Drive window displays.
- From the Drive dropdown list, select the drive letter you want to assign to your group space.
- In the Folder field, enter \\vuspacegroups\groupname, where groupname is the name of your group space.
- Click Finish. Enter your VUnetID and password at the prompt.
- Within the Finder, select Go > Connect to Server .
- In the Server Address field, enter:
..where <share name> is the name of the department’s group space you have permission to connect to. For example, for the ITS share, enter smb://vuspacegroups/its
- Click Connect.
- At the prompt, enter:
Username: your VUnetID
Password: your password