VUIT Institute is the evolution of a customer service training program started by Vice Chancellor John Lutz upon his arrival at Vanderbilt in 2014. It has four mandatory modules for all team members and a fifth module for VUIT managers. In addition to providing professional development opportunities, VUIT Institute provides a forum for interaction with peers, a deep dive into interesting and informative topics, and a chance to hear from VUIT leaders.
Module 1: Our Work in Context
- Slide Deck
- Henry Rosovsky, The University: An Owner's Manual. W.W. Norton & Company (1991)
- Jonathan R. Cole, The Great American University: Its Rise to Preeminence, Its Indispensable National Role, Why It Must Be Protected. PublicAffairs (2012)
- Vanderbilt University Quick Facts
- History of Vanderbilt University
- Vanderbilt's Office of the Chancellor
- The Vanderbilt University Academic Strategic Plan
- Vanderbilt Admissions
- VUIT Highlights
- The Association of American Universities
- 247 Sports - Every SEC football program's gross revenue for last fiscal year (May 13, 2018)
- Saturday Down South - Gross revenue figures for all 14 SEC football programs released (August 22, 2018)
- Vanderbilt University Residential Colleges
Module 2: Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion
- Slide Deck
- Nicola Yoon,
The Sun is Also A Star.
- Howard J. Ross, Everyday Bias: Identifying and Navigating Unconscious Judgments in Our Daily Lives. Rowman & Littlefield Publishers (2014)
- George Ella Lyon - "Where I'm From"
- VUIT Employees - "Where We're From"
- Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie - "The Danger of a Single Story"
- Brené Brown - "Empathy"
- Howard J. Ross - "Unconscious Bias"
- Ken Tanaka - "What Kind of Asian Are You?"
- Quartz - "What is a Microaggresion?"
- NPR - 'Where I'm From': A Crowdsourced Poem That Collects Your Memories Of Home
- Kentucky Arts Council - Kentucky's "Where I'm From": A Poetry of Place
- Twenty One Toys - Dr. Brené Brown: Empathy vs Sympathy