Microsoft Office 365
Office 365 is Microsoft's Software as a Service (SaaS) suite of productivity software and subscriptions. Software options include Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, Outlook, Publisher, Access, Skype for Business, Planner, InfoPath, Teams, and Office Online. Services include Exchange Online, Skype for Business Online, Yammer Enterprise, OneDrive file storage and sharing, SharePoint Online, Active Directory integration, Office mobile apps, and Power BI. Microsoft Office 365 is available to Vanderbilt University faculty, staff, and students.
Service Charges or Fees
Licensing covered by our Enterprise Agreement with Microsoft is provisioned automatically.
Access is provisioned automatically to current Vanderbilt University faculty, staff and students. For problems with access to Microsoft Office 365, contact VUIT Helpdesk .
How do I get Office 365 ProPlus?
- You must be a current Vanderbilt student
- Login to the Microsoft Online portal using the following format: your firstname.lastname@example.org (example: If your name is Cornelius Vanderbilt and your VUnetID is cvand1, your login would be email@example.com)
- Enter in your ePassword associated with your VUnetID
- Select your preferred download and follow the onscreen directions
- System Requirements - click here
What You Can Request
Office 365 ProPlus
Skype for Business Online
Advanced Threat Protection
Power BI Pro
Documentation and Service Information Links
VU Office 365
Office 365 is a subscription-based online office and software plus services suite which offers access to various services and software built around the Microsoft Office platform. These services include Exchange, SharePoint, and Lync. Software available through Office 365 includes the Microsoft Office Suite with personal file storage available using Microsoft OneDrive.
As part of an ongoing licensing agreement with Microsoft, Vanderbilt is offering Office 365 ProPlus to all active students through the Microsoft Student Advantage program. The Office 365 ProPlus program allows you to use the latest version of Office on up to 5 PC's or Macs and your mobile devices.
Office 365 ProPlus
- PC / MAC
- Office 365 ProPlus for PC (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, Access, Publisher, Outlook, Lync)
- Office 365 ProPlus for Mac (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, OneNote, Lync)
- Install on up to 5 machines (PC or Mac)
- Mobile Devices
- Office 365 ProPlus Mobile for iPhone (Word Mobile, Excel Mobile, PowerPoint Mobile, OneNote Mobile, Lync Mobile)
- Office 365 ProPlus Mobile for Android (Word Mobile, Excel Mobile, PowerPoint Mobile, OneNote Mobile, Lync Mobile
- Office 365 ProPlus for iPad (includes Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote Mobile, Lync Mobile)
- Office 365 ProPlus for Windows Mobile (includes Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote Mobile, Lync Mobile)
For more information about Office 365 ProPlus for mobile click here
For any issues related to VU Office 365 installation see the following:
- Error message, "Something went wrong" - click here
- General troubleshooting for installing Office 2013 and Office 365 - click here
- After installation if an office program looks blurry, displays as all black or all white, the screen flickers, or looks different on different computers, click here
Help and Tutorials
For help and tutorials on VU Office 365 please see the following:
Additional products are offered through the Vanderbilt Software Store
Communication and Collaboration