Microsoft Office 365
Office 365 is Microsoft's Software as a Service (SaaS) suite of productivity software and subscriptions. Software options include Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, Outlook, Publisher, Access, Skype for Business, Planner, InfoPath, Teams, and Office Online. Services include Exchange Online, Skype for Business Online, Yammer Enterprise, OneDrive file storage and sharing, SharePoint Online, Active Directory integration, Office mobile apps, and Power BI. Microsoft Office 365 is available to Vanderbilt University faculty, staff, and students.
Service Charges or Fees
Licensing covered by our Enterprise Agreement with Microsoft is provisioned automatically.
Access is provisioned automatically to current Vanderbilt University faculty, staff and students. For problems with, or to request new access to Microsoft Office 365, contact VUIT Helpdesk.
As part of an ongoing licensing agreement with Microsoft , Vanderbilt is offering Office 365 ProPlus to all active students through the Microsoft Student Advantage program. The Office 365 ProPlus program allows you to use the latest version of Office on up to 5 PC's or Macs and your mobile devices.
Student - How to get Office 365 ProPlus:
- You must be a current Vanderbilt student
- Login to office.com
- Enter your Vanderbilt email address and ePassword
- Select your preferred download and follow the onscreen directions
- System Requirements - click here
What You Can Request
Microsoft Office includes but is not limited to:
Bookings (Exchange Online only)
MyAnalytics (Exchange Online only)
Office 365 ProPlus
Skype for Business Online (Exchange Online only)
Advanced Threat Protection
Power BI Pro (faculty/staff only)
Documentation and Service Information
Office 365 ProPlus
- PC / MAC
- Office 365 ProPlus for PC (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, Access, Publisher, Outlook, Lync)
- Office 365 ProPlus for Mac (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, OneNote, Lync)
- Install on up to 5 machines (PC or Mac)
- Mobile Devices
- Office 365 ProPlus Mobile for iPhone (Word Mobile, Excel Mobile, PowerPoint Mobile, OneNote Mobile, Lync Mobile)
- Office 365 ProPlus Mobile for Android (Word Mobile, Excel Mobile, PowerPoint Mobile, OneNote Mobile, Lync Mobile
- Office 365 ProPlus for iPad (includes Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote Mobile, Lync Mobile)
- Office 365 ProPlus for Windows Mobile (includes Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote Mobile, Lync Mobile)
- For more information about Office 365 ProPlus for mobile click here.
- Error message, "Something went wrong" - click here
- General troubleshooting for installing Office 2013 and Office 365 - click here
- After installation if an office program looks blurry, displays as all black or all white, the screen flickers, or looks different on different computers, click here
Help and Tutorials
- For help and tutorials on VU Office 365 please see the following:
Additional products are offered through the Vanderbilt Software Store.
Communication and Collaboration