Suggestions and Extras
Buying a new computer?
Check out the data network information page for things to consider before you buy.
For help with wireless, visit the VUIT Wireless Website.
Suggested computer accessories:
- personal productivity software - All schools recommend a personal productivity suite like Microsoft Office, available at no cost through the Vanderbilt Software Store.
- speakers and headphones - optional.
- operating manuals, installation disks - to help diagnose problems or restore4 compromised computer.
- copy of hardware warranty/proof of purchase - keep originals at home.
- surge suppressor/power strip - for multiple devices
- TV and other video eqipment remote controls
- Ethernet cable
Things to AVOID:
- Computers built by individuals
- Wireless Access Points (APs), including personal wireless access points, hubs, routers and printers are prohibited.