Outlook 2007 Configuration
Outlook 2007 Configuration
On-campus or VPN Configuration
1. Select Start > Control Panel > Mail.
2. Click E-mail Accounts…
3. On the E-mail tab, select New... and click Next.
4. Select Microsoft Exchange, POP3, IMAP, or HTTP and click Next.
5. Check the box that says Manually configure server settings or additional server types and click Next.
6. Select Microsoft Exchange and click Next.
7. In the Microsoft Exchange server field enter ds.vanderbilt.edu. In the User Name field, enter your VUnetID and click Check Name and then click Next.
Cached or Non-Cached?
- Laptop (If used with limited network connections)- Check Cached Exchange Mode
- Laptop (Always connected to a network) - Uncheck Cached Exchange Mode
- Desktop - Uncheck Cached Exchange Mode
If prompted to log in again, enter your VUnetID and e-password. The User name field may require you to prepend your VUnetID with VANDERBILT\ as in the example below:
If Outlook has been used for another account previously, make sure you check the Deliver new email to the following location: Mailbox – [Last name, first name, middle initial], NOT to Personal folders. Do NOT launch Outlook before this setting is selected.
Note: If you previously used Outlook for another email client and did not change this setting as directed as the beginning of this document, you may have to finish setup before the "deliver mail to" field is available. Finish the setup and then return and modify the setting.
8. You're all done! Click Finish and open Outlook 2007 now to confirm your configuration. Please continue reading for support in off-campus access.
Outlook Anywhere Configuration
If you wish to configure Outlook on a mobile computer that needs access to VUexchange from off campus (other Internet Service Providers), be sure your system meets the System Requirements outlined on this Microsoft web page, then follow these instructions:
1. In Outlook, select Tools >Account Settings....
2. Select your Exchange account, and click Change.
3. Click More Settings... in the bottom right corner.
4. In the window that appears, click on the Connection tab. Check the box at the bottom that says Connect to Microsoft Exchange using HTTP and click Exchange Proxy Settings...
5. In Connection settings enter email.vanderbilt.edu. Check Only connect to proxy servers that have this principal name in their certificate and enter msstd:email.vanderbilt.edu in the box. Ensure that On slow networks, ... is checked. In Proxy authentication settings, select Basic
Authentication, then click OK.
6. Click OK, click Next, and click Finish and Close your Account Settings window.